Serves 2 generously or 4 if serving with noodles
Approx. cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 block of firm tofu – pat dry and cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tbsp Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce) plus extra for serving
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds – toasted
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 25g ginger – peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves – peeled and sliced
- Spring greens – 1 x 400g packet, shredded
- Spring onions – 1 bunch, sliced (I used the large bulb style spring onions, regular would work too)
- 2 bok choy – trimmed and sliced length ways, reserving the leafy ends
- 1 green chilli – deseeded and sliced
- Olive oil
- Start by preparing the tofu. Heat a frying pan with the sesame oil until hot then carefully place the tofu cubes in the pan. Keep turning gently so that each side is golden brown. Fry for 10 minutes until golden brown before adding the sesame seeds and kecap manis. Let this sizzle for a couple of minutes then set aside while you prepare the greens.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok with a drizzle of olive oil, fry the ginger and garlic for a minute or two until they’re smelling aromatic. Add the spring greens, spring onions, bok choy and sliced green chilli then stir occasionally to stop anything burning.
- Once the spring greens have wilted and the bok choy is tender, serve in a bowl topped with your sesame tofu. Drizzle a little kecap manis and garnish with the sliced spring onions. This would also be delicious with rice noodles.