Noemi Scavo shares her recipe for this vegan soup with it’s creamy texture and tasty flavour combinations, perfect for nourishing the whole family….
- 1 large butternut squash
- 100g fresh coconut
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 chopped white onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped thinly
- extra virgin olive oil
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- 2 litres water
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees to roast the squash, drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper and rosemary. Cook for at least 30 minutes, until soft and golden.
2. Meanwhile, in a large soup pot, warm up the olive oil and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook and stir often, for approx. 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onions start to turn golden on the edges,
3. When the squash is ready, add it into the pan together with the sliced coconut. Mix all the ingredients for a few minutes with a low flame, to combine all the flavours.
4. Add the water into the pan, bring it to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Leave the soup cool, then blend it until the texture is creamy and smooth.
(add more water if it gets too thick)
6. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve with toasted sourdough bread.