A fresh and nourishing dish, filled with green goodness. Karolina Wiercigroch shares the recipe for her Green Risotto – perfect for preparing your body to fight winter bugs.
400g arborio rice
1 litre vegetable stock
150g green peas
juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 shallot, diced
2 celery sticks, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
a handful of pea shoots, to serve
2 garlic cloves
1. Place all the ingredients of the purée in a food processor. Add 2-3 tbsp of hot water and whizz to a paste.
2. Bring the stock to boil and keep warm. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet. Add celery and shallot, cook for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
3. Add arborio rice, stir well and cook for 1 minute. Add 2 ladlefuls of the hot stock. Reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally, adding more stock once the rest has been absorbed.
4. Once the rice is almost cooked, stir through the purée and peas. Cook for another 3 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and zest.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve with pea shoots.
See more of Karolina’s recipes on her blog Dine and Dash.