It is a dish that is usually served in summer, when the tomatoes, which are the base of this recipe, are at their best. Salmorejo also works very well as a starter, although in this case, Isabel recommends serving in small bowls, as it is a very satiating cream.
Time preparation: 20 minutes approx.
- 1 kg. plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly quartered
- 9g salt (or adjust to taste)
- 1 garlic clove
- 105g virgin olive oil
1. Blend all ingredients except for the oil in your blender or food processor until a creamy consistency is reached.
2. With a spatula, wipe down the sides and then with the machine running on high speed, slowly pour the olive oil into the mixture to emulsify the oil and cream.
3. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
4. Although traditionally, it is served with a topping of boiled eggs, diced Serrano ham, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, for a vegan version, try your favourite vegetables cut into small pieces instead. Croutons are delicious too! Be as creative as you like!