Approx cooking time: 15 minutes
- Asparagus – 2 bunches
- 250g Tagliatelle – I used dried
- 350g Frozen Peas
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Garlic clove – minced
- 100ml olive oil
- Fresh basil – a small bunch finely chopped
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Bring two saucepans of water to the boil, one for the tagliatelle then one for the asparagus and peas. Add the tagliatelle and cook for 10 minutes whilst your prep and cook your greens.
- Prep the asparagus by cutting them in half, keep the tender tips whole but thinly slice the stems. You won’t need all of the sliced stems just half for this, the rest you can freeze for another recipe*. Halve the tips if they’re long, you want them to be around 5cm in length.
- Add the asparagus to the second saucepan of boiling water and let this cook for around four minutes before adding your peas for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep your dressing by whisking together the juice of one and a half lemons along with the zest of one lemon, minced garlic clove, olive oil, chopped basil and wholegrain mustard. Taste and add more lemon, mustard, olive oil and seasoning to your liking.
- Drain the asparagus and peas, then drain the tagliatelle if it’s ready, reserving a cup of the starchy pasta liquid. Combine the vegetables, pasta and dressing together in a large pan or serving dish, tossing it all together. Add a little of the pasta water if the pasta looks a little dry.
- Serve immediately with a generous twist of freshly ground black pepper. You can grate over some vegan parmesan if you have some or serve with rocket, but it’s delicious as it is!
*With the leftover sliced asparagus tips, why not try this Coconut & Courgette Soup ?